Business Valuations, Litigation & Forensic Accounting
summary of experience
Brian Mozessohn has completed more than 700 litigation and forensic accounting and business valuation assignments since 1981. Litigation and forensic accounting comprises a significant portion of Brian’s practice in particular related to the determination of net family property and income for support in matrimonial litigation. For commercial disputes, Brian quantifies financial damages and conducts financial investigations.
Brian also establishes values for public and private companies as part of acquisitions, divestitures, public offerings and reorganizations. He also assists in the resolution of shareholder disputes, aids in income tax and estate planning and provides fairness opinions.
Brian has been qualified as a financial expert in matrimonial and litigation accounting matters in the Superior Court of Ontario, including the Family Division.
Brian is a partner of SLF and President of SLF Valuations Inc.
- Chartered Professional Accountant – Canada - 2013
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) - U.S.A. - 1996
- Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) - 1992
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) - U.S.A., 1992
- Chartered Accountant - Canada - 1989
- Chartered Accountant - South Africa - 1982
- University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa,
Bachelor of Accounting - 1979
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (ICAO)
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators
- National Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- American Society of Appraisers - Senior Member
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants