We are looking for a Tax Manager to:
- Provide efficient strategies to individuals and corporations to help them minimize their tax liabilities;
- Service our client base in a variety of tax compliance/planning related mandates; and
- Carry out engagements such as corporate reorganizations and estate planning.
- Identify non-compliance and tax planning issues, and assess strategies on complex tax concepts.
- Apply tax knowledge to achieve results on engagements and maximize business opportunities for clients.
- Participate in dispute analysis and settlements with tax authorities.
- Share planning ideas with clients through effective communications and contribute to achieving team goals.
- Prepare and review tax returns for individuals, corporations, and trusts, as well as other tax forms.
- Participate in tax training development and facilitation.
- Effectively apply research tools, document the results and draw appropriate conclusions (risk analysis).
Skills and Qualifications
- Completed the Master of Taxation program (M. Fisc.) or CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Courses.
- CPA Designation is an asset.
- 5+ years of relevant work tax experience in a public accounting firm.
- Demonstrate in-depth Canadian tax knowledge, and keep informed of changing tax laws.
- Develop excellent presentation/facilitation/writing skills on various tax issues (French and English).
- Use technology efficiently, e.g. reports, tables, presentations, and tax software (Taxprep, DtMax, and CCH).
- Take ownership of engagement, manage deliverables, achieve an appropriate turnaround, accept accountability, and ensure deadlines are communicated and met.
- Develop skills in managing, mentoring and coaching others, providing constructive feedback.
- Develop a strong work ethic and commitment to service excellence (confidentiality, integrity, and honesty).
- Client-oriented. Analytical mind and team spirit.
- Reliable, organized, and meticulous. Resourceful and autonomous.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
We are prospecting a committed profile, looking for a career opportunity within a firm recognized for the quality of its resources. We offer competitive employment conditions and a stimulating work environment. We thank all candidates for their interest and we will only be contacting those that we are interested in pursuing.