Investigative & Forensic Accounting, Litigation Support & Business Valuations
Andrew Neuman has specialized in litigation and forensic accounting and business valuation assignments for over 30 years. Litigation and forensic accounting comprise the majority of Andrew’s practice by providing assistance to individuals and the business, legal, government, and insurance communities in the following areas:
- Commercial Dispute Cases including shareholder and partnership disputes, Breach of Contract, Products Liability, Patent and Copyright Infringements, Terminated Distributorship,
- Franchise Disputes, Professional Negligence, Expropriations, Construction Delay Claims and Environmental Damages and a variety of insurance matters including business interruption, product liability and fidelity claims.
- Personal Dispute Matters including wrongful dismissal, wrongful death, personal injury, medical malpractice, libel and slander, net family property and income for support in matrimonial litigation.
- Criminal Matters and related proceeds of crime including Fraud Investigations, White Collar Crime, Income Tax Matters, Stock Manipulation, Secret Commissions, Security Violations, Bank Fraud, Insurance Fraud, Management Fraud, Employee Fraud, Bankruptcy Fraud and Bid Rigging.
Andrew has applied his extensive experience to Claims Assessments, Loss Quantification Matters, Investigative-Related Matters, Reconstruction of Data and Data Recovery, Consultation on Financial Matters,
Valuations and to assist in settlement negotiations while maintaining the independence and objectivity required to provide Expert Testimony in a court setting and in Arbitrations and Mediations.
Andrew is a recognized specialist in the field of Investigative and Forensic Accounting (IFA) by the CICA and the AICPA and chaired the IFA specialists committee, which oversaw the accreditation interview process for IFA’s. Over the years Andrew has authored articles, chaired conferences, lectured before numerous business and legal associations.
Andrew has been qualified as a financial expert in litigation accounting matters in the Superior Court of Ontario and British Columbia. Andrew is Counsel to SLF Financial Services Inc. with a focus on forensic and litigation accounting, quantification of damages, expropriations and insurance related matters.
- Certified in Financial Forensics, CFF (2014) - United States
- Chartered Professional Accountant, CPA (2012) - Canada
- Certified Business Valuator, CVA (2005) - United States
- Specialist in Investigative and Forensic Accountant, CA•IFA (2000) - Canada
- Certified Fraud Examiner, CFE (1991) - United States and Canada
- Chartered Accountant, CA (1982) - Canada
- Bachelor of Commerce, Commerce and Finance Program with a Combined Major in Accounting and Economics (1976)
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA)
- CICA’s Alliance for Excellence in Investigative and Forensic Accounting (IFA)
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Ontario Expropriation Association (OEA)